Cinque Terre

The Cinque Terre village of Vernazza ... Italy's Fiat-free riviera. Our home base was in the village of Monterosso, seen along the coast in the distance.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Ground Hog's Day (Friday morning)

One of the funniest movies is Groundhog Day and I get to live it today. Wayne will likely stay in the ICU until tomorrow and I was disappointed but of course I don't want him moved a minute too soon. When I called the hospital this morning they said he was already sitting up. So I feel rushed to get there yet there are other things...School is cancelled yet again for a 3rd day in this town. Good for Hannah though she will be so upset not to see her dad again. Wayne did not sleep last night well...Before I left he said he didn't want to sleep but the nurse and I assured him all was well and his body needed it. I hope he dozes much today. There will be a few visitors to help give him something new to say or do as he just sits there and looks at his room. I am guessing they will push the broth on him but he was afraid to do that too. I ended abruptly yesterday and just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you who have been so supportive in this process. I can't tell you how meaningful all your prayers are. And believe me if you live in town your day will come and I will need you. We have weeks and weeks ahead of us. A few of you have asked about sending flowers and Wayne and I discussed this possibility and he has asked that if you want to send flowers to do so at our home next week or send a card because he can hold that and put them up. I think Wayne would love to get a card because he won't be on the computer for awhile to check email. Yesterday Hannah made something for him and he held it for some time. Thanks so much and talk soon...

1 comment:

Sue said...

Marianne

I can't thank you enough for the daily updates. I am so glad Wayne is coming along, even though my Mother can't believe what his first words were. He sounds like he is progressing well and knowing him he will be fighting to get out of that bed quickly! Love you all and will continue to pray for all of you.