Cinque Terre

The Cinque Terre village of Vernazza ... Italy's Fiat-free riviera. Our home base was in the village of Monterosso, seen along the coast in the distance.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Slow motion, do nothing Wayne

One thing about my husband pre broken heart, was that he never sat still and never let anything go that needed to be done. I was the envy of most women I know since he likes to clean house and make sure things are fixed, etc. So now, it is really weird to see him just hanging around the house watching TV and wondering if a local volcano is going to blow or not. But I think it is good for him in more ways than one. He is doing very well and today, just to make him feel useful I handed him a basket of laundry to fold if he wanted to. He actually did putter a little bit but he can't go out and play and he doesn't have the concentration to read. And he tires easily. But he has no pain which is amazing. I began working FT again yesterday but at home, so I do my share of running up and down the stairs to help him if someone isn't here visiting or helping out. Tomorrow and Friday I have to go into the office for several hours so I have people coming over. Oh, and today while he was getting dressed, we discovered that Wayne lost what small bottom he has. It is just gone. We can't find it anywhere. We laughed because his right leg and foot are still swollen (it looks funny) and bruised and he has all the marks on his chest and abdomen. What a sight. But he has a goatee now and looks great anyway. Butt or no butt. We aren't sure what that has to do with heart surgery but it sure seems to have disappeared since Jan 13. Maybe it has to do with losing some weight which we don't think he has. Oh well, hope if you are still looking at this thing you are well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Progress!! Good for you! That said, I think that God is punishing you for "cleaning house." You need to stop doing that,dude! You are giving us all a bad rep!

Take care and keep up the great progress!

Lenny

Mark said...

I'm hooked on this blog now. Wayne, when he's ready, will have to get back on and give us his updates from his perspective, too. And you can still give your side, which is very interesting. All this sounds like great progress, and there is still lots of new 'firsts' to report on, so I know I'll keep checking in. Keep up the good work, both of you.