Cinque Terre

The Cinque Terre village of Vernazza ... Italy's Fiat-free riviera. Our home base was in the village of Monterosso, seen along the coast in the distance.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tubes and lines all over the place

One reason it takes so much to move him is because of the sheer number of tubes and lines coming out of his body. The floor around his chair is all kinds of stuff I am forever trying not to step on or kick. With the 2nd surgery more were added as he has more incisions than we ever thought or were told he would get. The night nurse told me they would see if they could remove this one monster line coming out of his neck. This line has bothered me from day one because it looks so evil (I know it's actually a life line). However, Wayne doesn't even know it's there and it's just as well. So when I called this morning it was with disappointment that I heard it was not removed. This is the line that when removed, will allow more freedom of movement because attached to it are many others. It monitors all systems and also delivers medication. Until his "numbers" are just so, he won't move. And of course that means into another room. I was just told not to get my hopes up he will leave the ICU today but that there is still a slim chance. So I will get my hopes up!!! Yes, I will. Not that I want them to rush it but because I will stay hopeful. I have asked Wayne if I can take a picture of him for Hannah (not the blog though I wish!) because she is desperate to see him. He won't let me. He actually looks very good. I wash his face each day and comb his hair and he looks great. But he is being modest and I understand. He doesn't want a mirror either. I spoke to him on the phone this morning and he asked about the house and I told him I would check it carefully in the day light to assess any damage. For those of you out east and in the midwest you received our Arctic air we suffered through for weeks so that air has been breathed by us already. Hope you get through it. I would rather have that than what we got this week. We Alaskans don't really like the temps above 30 degrees. Keep on praying and I hope I have great news tonight reporting leaps of progress. Marian

1 comment:

Sue said...

Marian

I check your blogs everyday and it sounds like Wayne is progressing well. Please give him our love. I will try and call tomorrow and find out when he can receive phone calls. Love Sue