Cinque Terre

The Cinque Terre village of Vernazza ... Italy's Fiat-free riviera. Our home base was in the village of Monterosso, seen along the coast in the distance.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Let the games begin!

Twenty-four hours from now I'll likely not know what the hell hit me, and probably not really care either. Based on today's visit to Providence Hospital for pre-op orientation, I'm not likely to know what's up or down for a few days! Marian and Hannah are holding up great although tomorrow will test their mettle, as we have to arrive at the hospital at 6 am. The operation is scheduled for 7:30 am and is expected to last 4-to-5 hours.

The last few days have been very busy because I wanted to get things done that I knew I wouldn't have a chance to do for weeks. So, I shoveled snow off the roof, did car maintenance, stored away yard sale stuff, and cleaned up the garage.
I wanted to go for one last "jog" but knew better not to do that. Funny thing, when entering the Providence Heart Center today, the first thing that caught my eye was a pile of Runner's World magazines on a table. I stopped my subscription over a year ago so I was hungry to grab the pile for future reading...the issue on top was the January 2009 issue highlighting the 2009 marathon guide. Do you think there was a message for me there?









Not much more to add, just a final thought best described in the following quote:

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Former UCLA Basketball Coach John Wooden

I actually found this quote a few months ago in my church's Sunday bulletin. How appropriate and timely in so many ways.

Take care one and all and we thank you for all your support. I hope to chat with you when I get home sometime next weekend!


No comments: