Cinque Terre

The Cinque Terre village of Vernazza ... Italy's Fiat-free riviera. Our home base was in the village of Monterosso, seen along the coast in the distance.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday morning

Just a quick update before I go tangle with the windstorm and the big mess in my yard. (This is where I miss Wayne :-)) School cancelled again today due to continued ice and warming. While Alaska is melting the rest of the country is freezing so I hear. Anyway, Dr Misbach called me last night to report that all Wayne's systems look good. Fluid buildup, urine output, kidneys, heart rate, blood pressure and other vitals. He said that if all goes well in the night and he likes the lab results then he will begin waking Wayne up this morning. Carol Crayton and I each called the nurses this morning and they report a very satisfactory night. Dr Misbach mentioned that with the problems of the day and night before "we are about 24 hours behind schedule" with recovery. I will have a fun post tonight I think if he gets to wake up. I can hardly wait to hear his word and what he might ask. One of Wayne's co workers contacted me and I called her back and she gave me great info as to what W might be experiencing in this state. She said she heard much and remembered all. So, WOW if that is true for him!! Though if I know him he is trying to claw his way out because he wants to be part of things. How ironic that this man who I cannot get to rest on his couch is in this condition. I feel sorry for Misbach once W is back to normal because he is going to ask questions like no one's business. I'm off. I will return calls and emails and do not feel you are bothering me. This is my job right now and I am happy to do it.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Great news! Yes, recovery is a bit behind, but still, this all sounds great. When he's able to check in to his blog, all these details will astonish him about what went on while he was 'out'. Yes, he will have tons of questions, but good for him. You should take pictures of him as soon as you can talking to the doctor (or sooner). Looking back when he's healthy might be interesting.